Enhanced DNS Enumeration technique and other detect updates
Our detection team made recent changes that are now available to all the Wallarm customers. Here is a quick summary of the updates:
- We expanded and optimized the dictionary for the DNS Enumeration—a major technique that is used to discover exposed assets, including subdomains. As usual, you can explore the company’s network perimeter (domains, hosts, and services) / attack surface on the Scanner page.
- The detection team included changes in the attack detection to avoid some rare, but still painful, false positives while analyzing binary data (such as file or image uploads).
- The vulnerability scanner gained a few extensions to identify the following security issues:- SQL injection in vBulletin (CVE-2020-12720)
- Unauthorized SSRF via REST API (CVE-2019-8451)
- Detection of publicly exposed Yii2 Gii and Webmin